Monday, April 18, 2011

2011 Buick Regal

It was a cold December. Since I sold the dealership I no longer had a "demo" to drive. I needed a car. My daughter, Jen, came home from college for the winter break. She said since she shares the car with me on her break, she wants to help me pick the car. You know how a 17 year old thinks. She does not want to drive a "grandma" car around town. I reminded her that we will only buy a domestic product to help keep jobs in this country and I was a GM dealer so we should consider a GM product first. She said she totally agreed and "how about a CTS V?" No, no, no, no my little one! Can you imagine a 17 year old driving a CTS V? It would only take her 4 seconds to go from 0 to 60. How about a Hummer II? "I don't mind driving a used Hummer," Jen said. It came to my mind right away that she was going to swipe every single parked car along downtown Vacaville. No way! Not in a million years! She just got her driver's license a year ago and she is not the best driver. Let's go to the dealership and you can help me pick a car.

"Mom, Mom, this is the car you should buy," Jen exclaimed with excitement. She pointed at a beautiful brand new 2011 Buick Regal on the show room floor. This teenager likes a Buick? I guess it's not your grandfather's car anymore. "We just got this new Regal in and it has been very popular", said the Sales Manager Gil. Jen got in the car and the stereo was turned on right away. Gil smiled, and told me that it is a 4 cylinder vehicle and with around $700 out of pocket total drive off I can lease this car for less than $290 per month. I love the idea of a 4 cylinder, for the great gas mileage, and it will take more than 4 seconds to get to 60 miles per hour, which translates into a much lower insurance rate. "Sold", I said.

It has been four months since I leased the car. I only have two words to describe the car: "love it". It gets 30 miles per gallon on the freeway. Jen and I took a trip to the central coast. 740 miles round trip and it only cost me $100 on gas. The "butt warmer" for the cold, wet, winter driving has been my best friend. Best of all, the 4 cylinder has more power than I had anticipated. It had no problem at all keeping up with the traffic and cruising Highway 101. It had great handling on the winding road and easy parking in a tight parking space. On Star turn by turn navigation directed us to the fun points we asked for. Jen loves to connect her Ipod to the stereo. Whenever her heavy metal got on my nerves, I switched to XM. With a few hundred XM channels, we easily found common interests. This fantastic Regal made the trip extra wonderful. Jen, you did good choosing this car!

Eleanor Felbaum
Owner-Vacaville Buick GMC
350 Orange Drive
Vacaville, Ca 95687
Phone: 707-453-1137
Fax: 707-453-1138

No comments:

Post a Comment